Take a pragmatic approach to digital manufacturing. Drive business value at every step of your journey.
TBM helps mid-sized manufacturers navigate Industry 4.0 by customizing a realistic approach to digital transformation that’s practical, affordable, and designed to quickly deliver quantifiable bottom-line profitability improvements. By offering manufacturing technology solutions for your journey, we keep you focused on operational objectives so you can achieve the double-digit productivity gains and create the tangible business value you need not only to survive, but to thrive in the digital era.
Step-change digital manufacturing investments too often overpromise and underdeliver.
When margins are tight, the high cost of digital manufacturing seems out of reach, and past initiatives have failed to deliver expected results, getting on board with Industry 4.0 can be the last thing mid-sized manufacturing executives want to think about. But digital transformation isn’t a buzzword. It’s a reality. Manufacturers need to be open to upping their technology investment if they want to remain competitive in an increasingly digital world.
You don’t have to go big or go home. Take digital transformation at the right pace to drive value for your business.
The good news is, digital manufacturing does not have to be an all-in initiative that changes the entire experience of your manufacturing line. TBM helps companies take a pragmatic approach to leveraging digital manufacturing technologies that add real dollar and cents value for your business, for example by accelerating your ability to generate revenues, establishing your competitive differentiation, or cutting your costs. We empower your mid-sized business to select the right digital technology solutions and opportunities, start small, evaluate as you go, and build on your successes at each step.
Our manufacturing technology solutions focus on:
- Building digital roadmaps
- Vetting and selecting the right digital transformation technologies
- Implementing and managing pilot projects
Digital Transformation Roadmaps
Be intentional about where you’re going and how you are going to get there. Starting with the end in mind is one of the best ways to keep your digital manufacturing journey on track and stay in control of your investment at each step. This requires clearly defining the objectives and value you hope to achieve with digital transformation technologies as well as carefully assessing your current technology and operational capabilities and processes. With your starting point and business goals clearly defined, you can then develop the right roadmap to close the gap, outline milestones and requirements along the way, and fully understand what it’s going to take to achieve the digital future and realize the business gains you envision.
Invest wisely and incrementally to ensure value. TBM offers an objective view for how to leverage the right technologies that deliver the greatest business value and help you fulfill your operational and smart manufacturing business goals. We can guide you in choosing digital and internet of things (IIoT) solutions that support your objectives, such as increasing capacity, supporting new revenue creation, solidifying a competitive advantage, eliminating bottlenecks, or reducing direct costs.
These technologies can include:
- Digital Management Systems, such as Dploy Solutions, our proprietary suite of digital manufacturing software built to work in tandem with the TBM Management System to automate, bring visibility, and expedite the execution of operational excellence initiatives.
- Analytics capabilities, including both descriptive analytics (what’s happening in your business) and prescriptive analytics (why it’s happening) to enable you to visualize and understand the critical business data stored in your information technology and operations technology systems. With the right analytics capabilities, you can paint a complete performance picture, hone in on what’s working and what isn’t, identify the reasons why, and model the impact to critical business decisions and process changes before you make them.
- Specialized digital solutions that enable advanced what-if scenario planning and cost modeling and deliver new levels of visibility to promote better operations planning in areas of your business including building standard work, inventory management, capacity planning, and network optimization.
- Process automation for effectively digitalizing non-value-added activities, such as inspection and manual handling of materials. This often includes automating assembly, transportation, or vision systems.
Pilot Project Implementation and Management
Put your technology solutions to work to drive rapid results. TBM technology consultants work with you to support your team throughout the entire process of implementing and managing your new digital transformation technology investments. From building the business case, to helping you through the install, to training your team, we are with you at every step to help ensure your technology delivers the results and value you expect. We help evaluate and measure the impact of pilot efforts and then scale the program to build on your initial success.
We put the smart in smart manufacturing.
With TBM’s pragmatic approach to digital manufacturing, you can make Industry 4.0 work for your business. Through strategic investments, well-paced projects, continual measurement, and a focus on rapid results, TBM helps you create the business value you need to win in the digital era.