The ideal TBM consulting candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 15 years of overall operational experience directly related to working in a management position for a manufacturing or service (financial, insurance, or healthcare) organization
- 10 years minimum of lean or Six Sigma continuous improvement experience facilitating or leading a cultural transformation to improve business or manufacturing process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline; MBA highly desired
- Certification as a Six Sigma Black Belt (Master Black Belt preferred) from a reputable source, combined with experience facilitating projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while producing consistent quality results on time
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to rapidly assess complex details and implement solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong relationships at all levels from the shop floor to the executive suite
- The ability to provide tactical and strategic assistance to senior executives/business operations managers
- Financial and business acumen including a strong working knowledge of P&L statements and balance sheets along with the ability to understand and align performance improvements to financial statements
- Bi-lingual skills preferred
We embrace diversity.
The more diverse our experience, professional background, industry knowledge, regional and cultural knowledge, and language skills, the better equipped we are to serve our clients’ needs within any industry or region of the world. Our consultants come to us from all walks of life. Each brings a unique blend of business experience and industry expertise. They have made it possible for TBM to expand globally into China, Europe, Latin America, and South America, and serve a broad base of clients in a wide variety of industry sectors.
Your experience will take you places. Literally.
Consulting positions with TBM require extensive travel, up to 45 weeks per year.
We believe in rewarding expertise.
TBM offers a comprehensive package of benefits to our employees and their families. We are proud of the benefits we offer and are committed to continuously improving the package, which includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive medical and dental
- This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
- Year-end bonuses
- 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid vacations
- Paid holidays
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible reimbursement plans
- Time off for jury duty and military reserve duty
Training is part of the job.
During the first months of employment, new TBM consultants undergo an intense, hands-on training program designed to expand skills and technical knowledge and hone client management capabilities. During this time, new consultants become intimately acquainted with our commitment to personal development and continuous learning. Nobody is idle or adrift.
While new consultants spend time in class learning the principles of our business, the real training takes place out in our client facilities. Our training program includes:
- A week-long structured orientation in our North Carolina offices.
- Time in the field, working in large U.S. and European manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
- Shadowing senior consultants to learn our values and "bias for action," while gaining knowledge and new skills.
- Hands-on experience leading events, training clients, and strategizing with senior managers.
To enhance individual productivity, TBM Consulting Group utilizes the Personalysis assessment tool, developed by the Personalysis Corporation in Houston, Texas. The Personalysis assessment measures personal characteristics, behavioral styles, and basic needs. It identifies how people can be more productive and the steps they can take to obtain peak levels of performance. To learn more about the Personalysis Corporation and the Personalysis Management System please visit their website at www.personalysis.com.
Learn about our available positions.