Chip Barth has 20+ years of experience in consulting and industry with expertise in continuous improvement, manufacturing operations and supply chain. He has mid-market and Fortune 500 experience in automotive, food & beverage, chemicals, medical devices/equipment and supplies, oil and gas, and cosmetics. He joined TBM to support demand for its growing supply chain practice.
His subject matter expertise includes supply chain strategy, end-to-end supply chain, network and organizational design, segmentation, S&OP, change management, continuous improvement, analytics, demand planning and supply planning, P&L management, cost reduction, and talent development.
Prior to joining TBM, Chip held progressively responsible roles for a global management-consulting firm specialized in industrial operations. Key projects include:
- Developing and implementing end-to-end global supply chain strategies.
- Improving ingredient capacity to capture market share and act as a key lever of an accelerated cost out program.
- Leading supply chain transformation, supply chain organizational design and talent development for multi-site, global organizations.
- Optimizing inventory, leading global replenishment programs, reducing lead times and implementing supplier controls.
- Developing and leading capacity-supply-demand planning processes.
- Leading S&OP projects to significantly reduce finished goods inventory and improve fulfillment rates
Earlier, Chip worked at Global Closure Systems, an injection molding manufacturer and assembler of plastic closures for consumer goods and food & beverage, where he was as a divisional supply chain manager and later promoted to director of supply chain and continuous improvement. His previous work history also includes roles as a plant manager and materials superintendent at International Automotive Components (IAC) and as a supervisor, scheduler, planning and product/quality engineer at Lear Corporation, a division of IAC.
Chip’s professional credentials include APICS SCOR-P certification and a Six Sigma Green Belt certification from Lear Corporation. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management from Purdue University. His primary language is English.