Senior Management Consultant - Supply Chain
TBM Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking a full-time associate for the position of Supply Chain Senior Management Consultant.
Your New Role
The Senior Management Consultant (SMC) works as an integral part of our client delivery teams designing and implementing Supply Chain improvements. The SMC is responsible for work planning, diagnostics, analysis, solution development and implementation of the solutions to create operational and financial value for our clients. The role will assign client projects to work on by the Managing Director of Supply Chain. The client projects will vary in length of time and scope of work. The majority of the work will be delivered at our client sites but will occasionally have remote work depending on the clients' preferences. The engagements the SMC will be working on will address people, process and technology associated with different areas of the Supply Chain as defined by TBM Consulting Group. These areas include:
- Customer-facing operations including Customer Service, Logistics and Warehouse/Distribution
- Business Planning and Scheduling processes including S&OP, Demand Planning/Forecasting, Supply Planning, Inventory Planning and Capacity Planning
- Planning and Scheduling execution processes and systems including ERP/MRP, APS, WMS, Order Management and Configure, Price, Quote
- Network optimization and system integration
- Supplier facing operations including Sourcing, Supplier Qualification, Supplier Management and Supplier Quality
- Integration of multiple supply chain and manufacturing technologies including WMS, ERP, TMS, CPQ, etc.
Ultimately, the SMC will work with the Client Managers for selected projects to deliver solutions that address key business issues and create measurable value for our clients.
Work You'll Do
- Assess / diagnostic supply chain processes, technologies and people of clients to identify potential improvement opportunities and create a meaningful, believable business case
- Conduct detailed design activities for each improvement opportunity by working with client teams to develop and gain agreement on the exact solutions
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements or replacement of supply chain technologies including automation using robotics, AGVs, and CPQ, PLM, ERP, WMS, TMS solutions Lead highly skilled client and TBM teams through the supply chain project lifecycle Execute process transformation, organizational restructuring, and improved measurable operational performance
- Create and maintain project management deliverables: weekly updates, project schedules, trackers, etc.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators that show impact of projects and implemented solutions
TBM leverages our bias for action to give our clients more than ideas for improving their supply chain; we help them do the real work that moves the needle in their business. Our team identifies weaknesses and areas for improvement, leveraging data, analytics, and a deep-dive diagnostic of their supply chain’s current state. We span the supply chain from sourcing to manufacturing, connecting the supply to the customer and use data and analytics to get our clients insights in real time. Our process, people and technology are always a part of the solutions, creating effective operationalization, sustain long term gains and drive continuous improvement.
- 15 years of progressive supply chain experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a consultative function or leadership role
- Client engagement experience working directly with Manufacturing and Distribution leadership teams
- Operations Excellence (Lean, Six Sigma, Value Creation, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of the Supply Chain process, ERP, and systems implementation experience. Significant experience implementing and integrating supply chain and operational technologies including automation
- Singularity focus within one element of Supply Chain not applicable
- Ability to determine value propositions and ROI for operating and executive management
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytics and problem-solving skills with the ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
Education / Licensure / Certification
4-year University degree required, preferably in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering field MBA in Supply Chain Management or Operations Management preferred.
Road Warrior: Willingness to travel Monday – Friday
TBM Consulting Group, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.