Supply Chain Management Consultant
TBM Consulting Group, Inc. (TBM), is a global operations and supply chain consulting firm headquartered in the United States. We are seeking project-based, experienced supply chain consultants to lead strategic supply chain engagements and to oversee all S&OP and demand planning activities for manufacturing and distribution clients. These consultants will work in a project leadership role to lead client engagements. Prior hands-on experience in a director or VP role. Weekly travel required.
This position will develop strategies, establish resource requirements, and lead the teams responsible for developing systems to support demand planning, supply planning, transportation and warehouse operations and providing additional systems support throughout the supply chain to include WMS, TMS, reporting and data visualization.
Can be based anywhere in the Continental US. These are project-based assignments, not full-time roles.
- Create cohesive process from sales forecast to end-product distribution of world-class demand planning and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes.
- Establish goals, metrics for forecast accuracy, planning data integrity, S&OP performance, service and inventory and create governance requirements for successful integrations.
- Monitor the demand plan performance throughout the month to provide detailed input to Sales and Marketing management for use in demand review and S&OP meetings.
- Provide direction for the creation of a monthly supply plan process and validate performance vs. plan.
- Understand, identify and deploy strategies and metrics to support the key supply chain functions, like forecast accuracy, customer fill rate, reduced inventory, on time delivery, labor management, inventory turns, warehouse space optimization and cost optimization.
- Lead network optimization process to mitigate cost and maximize service.
- Manage and optimize network inventory including analysis of excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Oversee the implementation and enhancement of all systems on behalf of supply chain to ensure all future processes are aligned with supply chain objectives. Primary systems include: ERP, WMS, TMS, and full suite of sales and operations planning tools.
- Streamline supply chain processes across the organization.
- Foster positive, productive, proactive relationships with a wide variety of cross functional partners.
- Manage others & drive best practice sharing within team and between cross-functional analytical groups.
- Support the operational execution of the logistics departments to effectively drive more efficient operations.
- Prior work experience in manufacturing and distribution companies required.
- 10 + years of progressively responsible experience in supply chain management working knowledge of related technologies. ERP experience required.
- Experience in multiple supply chain systems or experience in the same system across multiple companies. Ability to use systems and process changes to achieve increased forecast accuracy, customer fill rates, reduced inventory, on time delivery, and cost optimization.
- 5-10 years of direct operations experience in production or warehouse management.
- Passionate and high energy leader and change agent who possesses diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others and drive supply chain improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to structure, conduct and present insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Analytical thinker with effective problem solving skills and conflict management
- Ability to communicate effectively across functions, cultures and levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinker able to get to the heart of issues rapidly and accurately without overly relying on massive amounts of information.
- Strong understanding of the broad processes associated with transportation and warehousing, manufacturing, demand and supply planning, including the integration points to financial processes and postings.
- Ability to establish best practices that support dynamic business needs from reporting to system enhancements
- Track record of delivering results in both a single unit and across the entire organization.
- Experience with advanced visualization across multiple platforms bringing data together to build dashboards and data sets for advanced analytics.
- Experience and /or certification in T&W operations is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.